As businesses seek to become more data-driven, it’s important to question if you have unlocked the full power of your data to generate insights and drive true business change.
In partnership with Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Tableau, we invited clients to join our event to discover how to unleash the power of data with these leading enterprise platforms.
Surrounded by innovation and in the heart of central London, we took to the 42nd floor of the Leadenhall Building to share insights and the latest innovations from Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Tableau.
Focusing on connectivity, automation, and visualization
Justin Wilson and Simon Quinton, UKI leaders of MuleSoft and Tableau, respectively, shared their take on the macroeconomic background. The current climate has placed increasing pressure on businesses. Rising interest rates, consumer expectations, and hungry competition highlight the growing need for business agility. Explaining how the Salesforce platform enables clients to leverage their most precious asset, their data, as a weapon to power richer experiences for both clients and employees to gain and maintain a competitive advantage and ultimately accelerate faster growth.
Remarking on a common observation, often the challenge organizations face isn’t with the volume of data they have but what they can do with it, resulting in them being data-rich but insight-poor. With MuleSoft focusing on connectivity and automation and Tableau transforming data visualization, it’s clear just how vital their role is within Salesforce Customer 360.
Facing up to the reality of the complex technology stack many organizations work with, MuleSoft is Salesforce’s integration solution that helps unlock data to drive customer centricity with personalized communication and streamlined processes. Meanwhile, Tableau is Salesforce’s intelligence and analytics platform. It helps visualize and present data in a way that allows everyone across the team to make data-led decisions, spot trends, and react faster.
Continuous innovation ensures that Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Tableau support clients to become and remain agile in this ever-changing market. The recent announcement of Genie at Dreamforce is a prime example. Genie enables teams to build multi-system automation that drives efficiency, powers AI with data from any system, and connects data in real-time for faster action without sacrificing security or governance.
Inspired by client success
We explored what has already been achieved by some of our MuleSoft and Tableau clients and the impact that a multi-cloud Salesforce org has had on their organization. Each at different stages in their digital transformation journey, we heard from Ian Robbins, Head of Analytics at GXO, Judith Kleine Holthaus, Head of Data, Insight and Innovation at The Office Group, and Ryan Goodman, Head of CRM at Forterra, on their experiences.
Opening the conversation and reflecting on the changes their companies are going through in the new digital-first world, Judith perfectly summed up the shift in attitude, quoting, “the conversations about data and AI now is like asking a company in the 1990s if they’re going to have a company website.”
Judith continued to share how The Office Group’s data strategy is driven from the top and that building trust in their data is a top priority, which is something their current implementation has supported. The excitement surrounding their digital transformation’s positive impact on the business was evident. Since implementing Tableau as part of their Salesforce solution, Judith reflected that at The Office Group, “conversations aren’t focusing on what’s happening, more on what we are going to do about it.”
Meanwhile, Ryan from Forterra explored how they have innovated at pace. They introduced an initial pilot phase only 18 months ago and are already developing subsequent phases to reinvent their processes further. He explained how their wide product range enables them to be data-rich. Tableau has eradicated its issues with siloed data while MuleSoft connects its ERP system into its org, creating a single source of truth. Expressing their objective for their sales managers to be “meeting ready,” the multi-cloud solution encourages self-sufficiency. It enables teams to deliver faster responses and a better overall customer experience.
GXO is in the very early stages of their journey, and Ian confessed his commitment to “bringing sexy back to data” as they build out their journey. Already they’ve identified the importance of using their data to go from subjective to fact-based decisions. Collecting their data and having a visual single source of truth in Tableau will greatly impact how they have better customer conversations.
As they looked back on how far they’ve come, we asked them for their top tips influencing their journeys.
Top tips for a successful digital transformation
- Take a step-by-step approach – the potential achievement is so outstanding that it’s essential to step back and think of the journey in phases, building in time to reflect and manage the changes within your organization.
- Tailor to different abilities within your team – understand and listen to your users. It might mean keeping it simple for some and offering a more in-depth, complex option for those seeking a greater understanding.
- Be resilient – the journey isn’t straight, so remain open to user feedback and insights to continue to enable growth that will shape how you make your data work for you in the future.
- Assign an owner – a project owner should clearly and effectively manage communication between users’ and developers’ needs.
- Embed users early – bringing in stakeholders in the early stages can support adoption later on, kick-start the change management process, and ease resistance.
- Align methodology – the journey has no finish line, so being open and agile to the latest innovations and users’ responses will help shape the bigger picture of your digital transformation.
- Bring in the experts – understanding that external hyper-collaboration with innovative partners within the ecosystems like Globant can unlock potential and might be key in delivering novel solutions. Adopting a #oneteamonedream mentality will help propel you successfully through the next steps of the journey.
- Let the data do the talking – success breeds success, so letting users see the value they are getting from the data will help encourage adopting the new data culture.
Innovation tailored to you
Exploring the unique requirements and experiences that vary across different industries and business operations is also essential. Our expertise and knowledge for sectors including the Property, Travel, Transport and Hospitality, and Manufacturing allow us to tailor innovation. Uncovering the status of each industry and highlighting the unique challenges they face, whether from an economic, labor, customer service, or supply chain point of view, helps us highlight the opportunities businesses within that sector have to drive true business change. Discovering how MuleSoft and Tableau can work with Salesforce will help overcome the gaps in traditional approaches and reinvent current operations.
For many clients, the journey and transformation to unleash the power of their data have only just begun. The possibilities for innovation and reinvention that MuleSoft and Tableau can deliver as part of the Salesforce Customer 360 are ready to be unleashed.
If you’d like to discover more about MuleSoft and Tableau and how you can unleash the power of your data, please get in touch with our Salesforce Studio today.